Add this one-serving soup into your weekday lunch rotation and sip down some warm ramen this winter.
Only have a little time to scrounge lunch together before returning to the upstairs' office? Did you get back from the gym and need a post-workout pick-me-up before running back out the door? Then you should head into the kitchen and throw this soup together in less than 15 minutes!
It's spicy and flavorful. It's light, yet filling. Best of all, it's all yours. You can toss in leftovers from last night, bring the heat and add some extra Thai chili paste, or crack in an extra egg for another serving of protein. Add this one-serving soup into your weekday lunch rotation and sip down some warm ramen this winter.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp. Thai chili paste
- 1 Tbsp. tamari
- 1 Tbsp. teriyaki sauce
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. kimchi
- 2 Tbsp. red onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. mushrooms, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. green onion, chopped
- a handful of rice noodles, dry
- 1 egg
1. In a medium-sized pot, pour in the chicken broth, Thai chili paste, tamari, teriyaki, and Worcestershire.
2. Add in the garlic, kimchi, red onion, mushrooms, and green onion and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 3 minutes.
3. Add in the rice noodles and let simmer for another 4 minutes.
4. Crack an egg into the soup and let simmer for 1 minute.
5. Ladle into a soup bowl. Serve with a soup spoon and a set of chopsticks.