Try this recipe and achieve restaurant-quality Brussels!
Greasy fried food may sound good in the moment, but it will come back to haunt you later that night or the next morning. The higher oil content usually leads to upset stomachs, breakouts, and overall lethargy. So how about trying something that tastes just as good but leaves you with none of the negative side effects?
Meet the air fryer. You can fry meats, potatoes, pastries, or vegetables with only one tablespoon of oil instead of the traditional three cups that fried foods require. The air fryer ventilates hot air around your food instead of submerging it completely in oil. You can enjoy the crispy, warm taste without having to cheat!
Below is a recipe for crispy air fried Brussels sprouts. Give it a shot and be pleasantly surprised!
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese — grated
- ¼ cup almonds
- Sea salt — to taste
1. In a medium saucepan, combine the Brussels sprouts with 2 cups of water. Cover and cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes.
2. While the Brussels cook, slice and crush the almonds.
3. Drain the water from the Brussels sprouts and allow to cool. Then slice each sprout in half.
4. Toss them into a large mixing bowl and add the coconut oil, parmesan, almonds, sesame seasoning, and salt. Stir together and make sure the Brussels are fully coated.
5. Transfer them into the air fryer and cook for 12 to 15 minutes at 375° or until golden brown on both sides.