Gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, guilt-free!
Have any birthdays coming up? Want to enjoy the day without the calorie coma and sugar overload? I have just the birthday cake in mind for you!
This recipe contains limited sugar, zero gluten, and zero dairy. The bananas melt in your mouth with a rich moistness that regular, store-bought cake can't even touch. The sliced fruit burst with natural sweetness and a festive pop of color.
And forget the sugar-heavy frostings. Sprinkle a monk fruit-based powdered sugar or spoon a coconut-based whipped cream onto the cake. The whipped cream I linked does contain a small amount of sugar, so if you are hoping for a fully refined sugar-free recipe, opt for the monk fruit powdered sugar topping!
Happy, healthy birthday to you!
- 3 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 cup mashed, ripe banana
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- fresh berries, sliced
- coconut whipped cream (optional)
- Lakanto Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F and spray a round 9" springform pan with baking spray.
2. Place the mashed banana, eggs, vanilla extract, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt into a food processor and blend until smooth.
3. Pulse in the almond flour until just combined. Scrape the sides as needed.
4. Pour the cake batter into the prepared springform pan and bake for about 30 minutes, or until you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
5. Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool completely before removing from the pan.
6. Once fully cooled, top the cake with sliced berries, coconut whipped cream, and/or powdered Monkfruit sweetener.