Spruce up your morning routine with a muffin-shaped serving of clean protein and veggies.
While I am a proponent of eating the egg yolks since they contain a lot of the egg's nutrients, sometimes the fat content in the egg does not fit into my macros for the day. I often reach for my Muscle Egg egg white carton and quickly whip up a serving of clean protein. But, why settle for a simple egg white scramble when you can spruce up your morning with an extra serving of veggies and pop of color in a baked egg white cup?
This recipe will dig you out of your breakfast (or no breakfast) rut. Breakfast person or not, you will love how easy this egg white cup recipe is to make for the morning of or to prep ahead of time and pop in your mouth on the go.
- 1 ¼ cups liquid egg whites
- ¼ cup almond milk, unsweetened
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¾ cup baby spinach
- ¼ cup mini bell peppers
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. Lightly oil a muffin tin and it set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, add the egg whites, almond milk, salt, and pepper. Whisk until well-combined.
4. Tear the spinach into small pieces and place a hearty handful in each muffin cup.
5. Dice the bell peppers and cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle them evenly in the muffin cups.
6. Pour the egg white mixture over the veggies, leaving a little room at the top.
7. Place the muffin tin in the oven to bake for 15-18 minutes. Remove and let cool before serving or refrigerating.