Try this protein-packed, veggie-heavy, one-pan wonder!
This homemade fried rice recipe blows restaurant varieties out of the water. Not only does it burst with authentic Asian flavors, but it also substitutes cauliflower for the starchy, carb-heavy rice! Like most fried rice recipes, this delicious meal bubbles over with veggies and protein. You can eat it as a meal by itself or as a side dish with another Chinese-food favorite, like my gluten-free orange chicken.
Another huge benefit is that many grocery stores have boarded the cauliflower rice train, saving you the hassle of having to grate a whole head of cauliflower yourself. Just buy the frozen pre-riced cauliflower and save yourself SO much time.
- 1 bag frozen cauliflower rice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. tamari
- cilantro, for garnish
- lemon wedges, for garnish
1. Prepare the frozen cauliflower rice according to the package's instructions.
2. Place a large pan over medium-hight heat and warm the olive oil. Add in the diced onion, pepper, and carrots and allow to sauté for about 5 minutes.
3. Spoon in the minced garlic and cook for another minute. Then, pour in the frozen peas, cauliflower rice, sesame oil, and tamari and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
4. Using a wooden spoon, prepare a circular space in the middle of the pan. Crack the eggs into the center of the hole, then fold them into the mixture.
5. Stir occasionally until the eggs have cooked through. Then, garnish with cilantro and lemon wedges and enjoy!