It tastes like a milkshake, but fuels like a post-workout shake!
Sometimes, smoothies taste great as you sip them down, but they leave you hungry and longing for more. While you have blended some stellar superfoods together, you may not have fueled your body with enough protein and fat to keep you full. Good news—it's an easy fix! Besides the nutritious leafy greens and fruit, add some more substance to your shake.
Below is a perfect post-workout meal replacement or satiating snack. It's packed full of protein powder, almond butter, and chia seeds to fill and energize you for the rest of your day.
- 1 banana
- 1 Tbsp. almond butter
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 large handful of spinach
- 1 handful of ice cubes (about 5 cubes)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- dash of cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
1. Place all of the ingredients into your blender.
2. Blend until creamy and add more almond milk or ice cubes if needed.
3. Pour into a glass and top with chia seeds.