Enjoy a festive, family night in with a homemade pizza night!
Call the whole family down to the kitchen for an all-hands-on-deck kind of dinner. Make your own personal pizza or join ideas with others in order to create the perfect family pizza. The best thing about this recipe is that you can make these pizzas as healthy as you would like. The cauliflower crust provides a nutritious, gluten-free base that you can add your preferred toppings to. You will also have the leeway to appease each one of your children. If one child likes the classic cheese and pepperoni and the other likes the works, so be it!
Here are the two recipes to get you started — but don’t be afraid to try something completely new!
- 1 box of Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- 2 cups already-cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- ½ jar of marinara sauce
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 Japanese eggplant, chopped
- 5 mini bell peppers, chopped
- 2 handfuls of mushrooms, chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons minced garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 10 basil leaves
- 1 handful of spinach
- 10 artichoke hearts
1. Prepare the cauliflower crust as the box indicates. Don’t worry if you don’t have a pizza stone, just use a cookie sheet. You may also break the crust as you flip it. This will only add character!
2. Pour a tablespoon of olive oil into a skillet and sauté the chopped up zucchini, eggplant, bell peppers and cherry tomatoes.
3. Once you have removed the pizza crusts from the oven, pour ¾ cup marinara sauce onto the first pizza. Top this pizza with the sautéed ingredients and shredded chicken. Sprinkle with crumbled goat cheese.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together olive oil and minced garlic to form a base for the second pizza. Spread the olive oil and garlic base onto the pizza and place shredded chicken, cherry tomatoes, goat cheese, artichoke hearts, basil, and spinach on top.
5. Return both pizzas to the oven to cook for 10 more minutes, or until the ingredients are hot.
6. Remove the pizzas from the oven and let them cool for about 5 minutes.
7. Cut into pizza slices and enjoy!