Add this delightfully-easy fish dish to your weeknight staples!
You can pair salmon with so many different flavors. From tacos to curries. Soups and stews to grill outs and bake offs. It's so versatile! This recipe is one of my favorite salmon flavors. The sweet glaze resembles a teriyaki style, but the lemon cuts in with a fragrant twist!
Both the fish and the spinach overflow with flavor. But the best thing about this recipe? It takes 20 minutes (and barely any culinary expertise) and plates like an award-winning magazine cover.
4 6-oz. salmon fillets, boneless and skinless
2 Tbsp. olive oil
3 cloves garlic
3 Tbsp. raw, local honey
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
¼ cup soy sauce
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
Spinach and Rice
2 cups brown jasmine rice
5 handfuls of spinach
½ cup red onion
1 Tbsp. olive oil
Sriracha, for garnish
1. In a medium bowl, mix the honey, soy sauce, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes together. Set aside.
2. Mince the garlic cloves, chop the red onion, and cut your lemon into thin slices. Set aside.
3. Cook the brown jasmine rice according to the package's instructions.
4. Add 2 Tbsp. olive oil into a large skillet and turn to medium-high heat.
5. Place the salmon onto the hot pan and season with salt and pepper.
6. Allow the fish to cook for about 6 minutes, depending on how thick the fillets are. Then flip.
7. During the first 6 minutes, heat a medium pan over medium-high heat, add 1 Tbsp. olive oil, and sauté the spinach and red onion. Turn to simmer.
8. During the second 6 minutes, add the garlic into the salmon pan and allow to cook for about 1 minute. Then pour the honey and lemon juice mixture over the salmon. Spoon the sauce over the fish as it cooks and top with thin lemon slices.
9. Plate your salmon, rice, and spinach. Drizzle a little Sriracha and a spoonful of the salmon's glaze over your spinach and rice.