Surprise friends and family this Thanksgiving with a delicious, healthy, and easy fruit tart!
Forget the apple pie this year for Thanksgiving! After baking, tasting, and scraping every last piece of this pastry off of your plate and into your mouth, you will look for any excuse to pull the recipe out and use it again. Not only is this a simple sweet treat that does not require any baking, but it also contains minimal sugar that only sources from fresh fruit.
Without any gluten or dairy, you can confidently eat this at your family Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving get together this year without worrying about stomach upset or bloat. Try it out and see if you won’t want to make it again. And again.
2 cups raw almonds or pecans (or both)
1 cup pitted Medjool dates (about 10)
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
Pinch of sea salt
1 cup raw cashews
¼ cup water
¼ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
3-4 Tbsp. raw local honey
¾ cup softened coconut butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
½ tsp. almond extract
1 handful of strawberries, halved
1 handful of raspberries
1 handful of blackberries
1 handful of blueberries
(You can mix in as much or as little variation of berries as you would like)
1. Place nuts into a food processor until finely ground.
2. Add in the dates, coconut oil, and sea salt. Blend until finely ground and evenly distributed.
3. Spread the dough evenly into a 9” lightly-oiled tart pan. It should stick together well at this point.
4. Set aside.
1. Place cashews, orange juice, honey, and water into a blender or food processor until creamy.
2. Add softened coconut butter, vanilla, and almond flavoring. Blend again until smooth.
3. Pour the filling on top of the crust.
1. Wash berries and place them in any desired pattern onto the top of the tart’s filling.
2. Keep chilled until ready to serve!