Warm up with a piping hot bowl of this simple and delightful chili.
Nothing cuts the cold from a winter day like a warm bowl of chili. But, I have to be honest, sometime the regular recipes for chili can get a little old. I decided to spice things up a little bit. And I encourage you to do just that with this chili recipe! First of all, it's green, not red! Second, it contains chicken breast instead of ground beef or turkey. And lastly, It runs on the thinner side—which I prefer. But if you want to thicken it up, you can ladle a couple of scoops into your food processor and pulse for a few rounds before returning it to the rest of the chili.
Now, go warm up with a piping hot bowl of this delightful white chicken chili!
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 4.5oz cans diced green chiles
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- pinch of cayenne
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- lime wedges, for garnish
- avocado, for garnish
1. Place the chicken breasts into your slow cooker. Then, add the chicken broth, cannellini beans, green chiles, garlic, onion, cumin, salt, and cayenne over the chicken.
2. Stir everything together, then cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-4 hours.
3. After your timer goes off, shred the chicken with two forks and set your slow cooker to warm.
4. Pour the chili into bowls and top with chopped cilantro, avocado, and a lime wedge.