Add some extra flavor and color to your weekday salads!
Whether you are cooking for the family or wanting to meal prep your lunches for the week, this entrée salad has all of the things. It's not only satisfying, but it's also packed with nutrition. And it's delicious. The presentation beats any restaurant or store-bought salad, so you can definitely impress your friends as you plate an appetizing array of colorful, quality ingredients.
Add meat (I recommend chicken breast or fish) or keep it fresh for a meatless option. Enjoy my salad dressing below or choose to drizzle on your own recipe instead!
Serves approx. 4 people
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, skinned and chopped
- 5 Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 handful of pomegranate seeds
- 1 handful of walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. Chop the bell peppers, sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, red onion, and garlic into the recommend sizes above and add into a large bowl.
3. Toss the vegetables with salt, pepper, and olive oil.
4. Evenly distribute the vegetables on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 40 minutes.
5. While the veggies bake, prepare the salad base by washing, chopping, and placing the spinach into a your serving bowl of choice.
6. Once the veggies have turned slightly crispy, remove the baking sheet from the oven and scoop the veggies on top of your spinach. Toss in the pomegranate seeds and walnuts.
7. Drizzle with the above salad dressing recipe or yours of choice!